A company runs by one or more entrepreneurs to expand its distinctive products and services in the market to meet the customers’ demands is commonly termed as a Startup. To be specific, the individual or a group of Entrepreneurs are actually working for common goals that are innovative in nature. On the contrary, a person who contributes his skills for his limited financial benefits and for the well-being of the other entity is termed as a job.
Let’s Compare these Two …
Startups are mostly customer-oriented, which means they bring a unique solution to the customer’s problems. They value the customers and their suggestions. In short, customers play an important role in turning their venture into a large business. For utter quality, the Startups always try to give value to their customers.
The value of a job oriented person depends upon their productivity and has to consider all the managers, team leads, CEO, and the customers. Their value is hidden in the quality of their work. On the common note, the person who is doing a job is quality-dependent instead of the idea-dependent.
2. Product Development
to introduce an idea and series of product prototypes for their customers
before they launched the original and improved product. In Startups, the
entrepreneurs are really curious to meet the customer needs before launching
While on the other hand, Jobs prefers to invest a person’s skills in the development of products. Here, the persons at job spend their skills and resources to boost their skills, but, on a lighter note, they are actually giving their efforts to the growth of the company and the customers’ satisfaction.
Startups adopt the democratic level of decision. It means everyone takes part while making a decision regarding any steps. And, Jobs- where most of the decisions are autocratic. The decisions are made by the individuals and their bosses on mutual consent.
In Startups, there is no space for the mistakes because it will directly affect their growth and
performance. The Startups merely depend upon their customers because the
success and failure of the entrepreneur’s performance hit the company’s
In Jobs, your performance is not effecting the client as it does in a startup. Whatever you are doing right or wrong, it will have a fractional impact.
Statistical View: Startup vs. Jobs
Statistics of the Startup Owners:
25% of females
73% of males
35% whose ages are 50 to 59 years old
25% of people with 40 to 49 years old
18% of people with 60 to 69 years old
10% of people with 30 to 39 years old
4 percent of people with 18 to 29 years old
4percent people with 70 above years old
33% with High School/GED
18% with Associates Degree
29% with Bachelors Degree
16% with master degrees
4% with Doctorate
Reason for choosing a business
There are 26% of people who are ready to be their own
There are 23% who wants to pursue their passion
There are 19% of people who create the opportunity for
6% of people who are not ready to retire
Jobs vs. Startups: Advantages and Disadvantages
Advantages of Startup
1. Startups exhibit small structures and sizes.
2. They are growth-oriented and innovative.
3. They keep themselves updated with advanced technology and also take some necessary steps in market conditions.
1. As compared to the big companies, they are offering their services in a competitive, efficient, and cost-effective manner
2. They are aware of their limitations and love to give their attention to their core strengths.
1. All the employees of the startups make a friendly environment where they shared their passions, values, and beliefs.
2. They work together for the betterment of the company, customers, and the world at large.
Disadvantages of Startup
1. The risk factor is high that is why most of the startups fail within their first year of operations.
2. By working under high risk, it may cause their strategic visions.
3. They become unable to get the market opportunity or make expectations of their sales projection.
4. Due to high risk, competent and experienced staff avoid working here
1. It is not easy to build a company, it requires hard work
2. It will take some time to make profits and revenues.
3. Without specific compensation, most of the startups quit themselves
1. Most of the customer prefer the business to work with them.
2. It is most difficult for a startup to gain new customers than old customers.
3. It becomes hard if they worked by ignoring the market needs and customer base.
Advantages of Jobs
When you have tremendous resources, then it becomes easy for you to run a business in an efficient and competitive manner
Brand recognition means you are a part of a well-established company. It becomes easier for you to sell and market stuff when people ask a question from you.
Disadvantages of Jobs
As there are many layers to the top, so mostly decision is made at a high level.
1. You have to ensure that everything is running smoothly and in the right way.
2. If the things are moving slowly, then they introduced the red tape
1. Most of the employees join big companies because of the big salaries and team hence it becomes populated
2. They easily violate the company’s values, missions, visions, and customers.
Jobs vs. Startups: What is the Right Way to Go?
1. Why do I consider Startup over the job?
In the Startup, you will be considered as a founder employee.
You will showcase your skills to gain customer and owner success.
The learning factor is high because of the various kind of tasks is allotted.
2. Why do I consider Jobs over Startup?
You can get a high salary
The future is secured as your job is permanent
Here you are required to complete the assigned task related to one or two niches
Good performance will always lead to personal success
Jobs vs. Startups: Suggestions
Most of people advice to start their own business. In many countries, there are high chances of unemployment, so it is required for people to produce employment for others. It is obvious that by starting the business, you can get more profits and earn more than your salaries. If your business becomes successful, then it will also secure yours and your successor’s future.
Most of us want to do a job in well-known organizations and companies because of company branding and high salaries. But they forget that the people who have the capital and innovative ideas will become their boss at one stage of life. However, Jobs and Startups have their own pros and cons, but the Startup will be preferred if you really want to excel in the future.